Beginning the first full week of April, on your regular trash pickup day, the City of Port Huron, through it's contractor, will again begin picking up residential yard waste material for delivery to a compost site.
|Regular Pickup Day: |
Place yard waste at the curb before 7:00 a.m. on your regular collection day, a few feet from your regular garbage.
|Materials Collected: |
|Yard waste materials that will be picked up include leaves, grass and garden debris. Also included is shrubbery, brush and tree trimmings less than four (4) feet in length and two (2) inches in diameter. |
Yard waste will be accepted when placed at the curb in the following manner:
- Any combination of up to 15, 35-gallon containers or bundles as listed below:
- Carts, cans or baskets clearly marked with a large "X" at least one (1) foot high on the Side of the container by using masking tape, duct tape or paint, or
- Large brown paper compost bags may be used for yard waste and do not need special markings. These bags can be purchased at large retail stores, lawn and garden supply stores and hardware stores, or
- Shrubbery, brush or branches: Must be bundled in lengths of no more than four (4) feet.
- Containers and bundles cannot exceed fifty (50) lbs. in weight.