CITY OF PORT HURON
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
WATER FILTRATION PLANT MAINTENANCE GARAGE
The City of Port Huron is requesting proposals for a Contractor to build a Maintenance Garage at the City of Port Huron’s Water Filtration Plant at 1200 Pine Grove Avenue, Port Huron, MI 48060.
The Contractor shall meet all the milestones in Appendix A. These dates may change depending on needs. Included for reference purposes is Appendix B, which has the location of the Maintenance Garage.
SCOPE OF WORK
The Contractor is to construct a 30’ X 40’ Maintenance Garage that will aesthetically blend into the surrounding area, ie, color, materials, etc. The City of Port Huron will stake the location of the Garage. The city of Port Huron will determine the final colors of the garage. The roof shall be a 4/12 pitch. The ridge line shall be perpendicular to Michigan Street. There shall be 2 garage doors of commercial grade and shall be facing Michigan Street, equally spread and shall be 10’ wide and10’ high. The height of the garage shall be a minimum of 12’ tall. On the south side a smaller 8’ X 8” commercial grade door shall be installed. On the north side of the building a 36” steel entrance door with a 1’ X 1’ window shall be installed. There will be no electricity installed in the building. There is no electricity in the area to use, therefore generators will need to be used. There is no restroom facilities at the area therefore port-a-potties must be used. The concrete floor shall be a minimum of 6 inches thick with ½” rebar tied spacing every 2 foot grid on center. The concrete shall come from a certified batch plant and meet a minimum strength of 3,000 psi. The lawn restoration shall be done by the Contractor, therefore the smaller area disturbed the better. The existing topsoil can be re-used, if there is excess, the Contractor shall haul it away. The slope away from the building shall be a 1on 6. The inside walls and ceiling shall be sheeted and insulated. Please describe what materials are to be used. The elevation of the building is to be at least 4 inches higher that the curb on Michigan. All materials, type of building, type of roof, length of construction, when you can start, how long the construction will take, type of footings, lawn restoration method, etc. shall be explained in the RFP. A final picture should be included. There are irrigation lines in the area. When they are encountered the Contractor shall cap the lines and stake where they are at outside the building line and they will be repaired by the City. Soil erosion and building permits will be required.
The concrete driveway may or may not be completed with this contract. Please give a separate price for the concrete driveway and curb cut on Michigan. If we do award the concrete and curb cut on this contract, the driveway shall be 6 inches thick, 3,500 psi concrete from a certified plant, ½” rebar tied on a 2 foot grid. The lawn restoration around the driveway would also be included in this price. The driveway will be 1,000 sft. The curb cut will be 25 lineal feet.
· DOLLAR AMOUNT
· TYPE OF BUILDING
· QUALIFICATION OF CONTRACTOR
· START DATE
· TIME AND EFFORT TO CONSTRUCT THE GARAGE
· INSSURACNE POLICIES
PROPOSAL PREPERATION INSTRUCTIONS
Please provide, at a minimum, the following information in your proposal.
1. A detailed written description of the proposed methods to complete the scope of the work as described in this request for the proposal.
2. A list of persons proposed for the work and past experience on similar projects.
3. Information on your company and its experience.
4. Price of the garage, with all appurtances described.
5. Type of garage with picture, with a description of the structure.
6. Separate price for the driveway.
7. What type of insurances you have.
1. Addenda to this RFP, in the event it is necessary to revise any part of the RFP, addenda will be provided all persons who receive the RFP.
2. Incurring cost, the City of Port Huron is not liable for any costs incurred prior to issuance a notice to proceed on this contractor.
3. Acceptance of the Proposal, the contents of the proposal of the successful Contractor may become an obligation of a contract. The proposal will be incorporated by references in any resulting contract to extent accepted by the City.
4. Freed of information act, respondents to the RFP and contents therein may be eligible for review under the freed on information act.
5. Contract compliance, the selected contractor shall comply with all relevant requirements for the city of Port Huron’s equal opportunity employment or other regulations and ordinances.
6. All building and soil erosion permits will be paid for by the Contractor.
David W. Smith phone: (810) 984-9730
100McMorran Blvd fax: (81) 984-2463
Port Huron, MI 48060 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE AND SUBMISSION OF PROPSAL
Submitted sealed proposal by April 24, 2018 at 3: p.m. to Bobbie Seppo, City Controller, Room 217, 100 McMorran Boulevard, Port Huron, MI 48060. Please provide 1 original and 3 copies of the proposal marked - Water Filtration Plant Maintenance Garage.
TENTATIVE MILESTONE SCHEDULE
WATER FILTRACTION MAINTENANCE GARAGE
Proposal advertised 3/23/2018
Proposals due 4/24/2018
Proposals to City Council 5/14/2018
Start Work (earliest) 6/4/2018
Project Completed 10/26/2018